HOME PAGE Ajourné le 20-03-2008
Link
EN BAS

Cartina.jpg (20122 octets)

Localisation

RoadMap.gif (6883 octets)

Roadmap

luni_anfiteatro01.jpg (66810 octets)

Amphithéàtre

                MUNICIPALITÈES DE LA LUNIGIANA (Massa-Carrara)

Aulla 

Bagnone 

Casola 

Comano 

Filattiera 

Fivizzano

Fosdinovo

Licciana Nardi

Mulazzo

Podenzana

Pontremoli

Tresana

Villafranca in Lunigiana

Zeri

De la  LUNIGIANA  Versione Francese  

Se situe en nord de la la Toscane, entre l'Emilie-Romagne et la Ligurie. La Lunigiana est riche en histoire médiévale: avec ses châteaux et chapelles romaines.

L'Autoroute italienne A15 (102 km) relie Parme à La Spezia en traversant la vallée basse du Taro en Emilie et la val di Magra en Lunigiana. Elle est aussi appelée "Autocamionale della Cisa", elle traverse les Apennins Tosco-Emiliens à côté du col de la Cisa. Elle permet de relier facilement l' A1 - Autostrada del Sole, avec l' A2 - Gênes à Livourne, favorisant la communication directe entre la plaine du Pô et la "Riviera ligure", ainsi que la "Versilia".

La Lunigiana est seulement là pour que vous puissiez la découvrir, savourer des mets succulents et passer des vacances de qualité en harmonie avec l'histoire, la culture et la nature.

Avec la "Via Francigena", un des très anciens itinéraires (mentionné à  l'époque de l'archevêque de Canterbury Sigeric en 994) qui a été pendant des siècles, une route vers Rome pour des pèlerins et des négociants. Ils ont laissé des traces de leur passage dans les châteaux, les églises  et les villages. C'est un paysage intact et presque inchangé aujourd'hui.

La région offre des sports d'été et d'hiver, des cures thermales, des excursions et des grottes-cavernes à visiter. Entre les montagnes et la mer, localisée côte à côte avec les "Cinque Terre", la Lunigiana est seulement à quelques heures des principales villes de la Toscane, de Parme et de Gênes.

La nature est l'autre grande ressource de cette région. Des stations thermales, stations de ski, s'alternent avec le folklore, les traditions et la gastronomie locales.

La Lunigiana offre une nature profonde entre les fôrets d'arbres séculaires de châtegniers dans les monts Appennins, les rivières et les torrents aux eaux vives.

La gastronomie à base de farine de châtaignes se caractérise par son véritable goût, particulier ainsi que ses champignons, et autres herbes aromatiques.

La Lunigiana tire son nom de l'ancienne ville de Luni, fondée par les Romains en 177 A.C., elle fut un port important pour le transport du marbre de Carrare. 

Luni fut active et prospère pendant des siècles, mais elle déclina et ses habitant la quittèrent définitivement vers le milieux du XIV siècle. Luni se situè au débouché du fleuve Magra. Littéralement Luni signifie: "terre de la lune"; on peut y admirer l'amphithéàtre et de nombreuses et très intéressants vestiges romaines.

aulla_abside.jpg (23894 octets)
Abside de l'eglise de "San Caprasio"

fortezza_brunella_aulla.jpg (24017 octets)

Le château fort

de la "Brunella"

       AULLA

Cette charmante ville est située dans une zone accidentée au sein de la Vallée de la Magra et est dominée par l'antique château fort de la "Brunella".
      La ville provient de l'antiquité comme point d'arrêt le long d'un itinéraire important du trafic, et en 884 Adalberto, Marquis de Toscane, y a fondé un château et l'abbaye di San Caprasio "canalisations inter Tacrae et  Aulae".  Vers la fin du 13ème siècle, elle est passée sous la  juridiction de l'évêque de Luni, et environ un siècle plus tard Aulla est devenue la
possession des  Malaspina di Ponzano. 

Parmi  d'autres événements (la petite ville était devenue à ce moment-là un secteur stratégique d'importance notable étant ainsi  la cible des grandes villes antagonistes: Pisa, Lucca, Genova, Firenze qu'avec Giovanni delle Bande Nere a conquise et  possédée la ville de 1525 à 1529). Le  Marquis de  Aulla a tenu la ville jusqu'en 1543 où il l'a cédée à la famille des Centurione de Campofregoso de Gênes. Ce nouveau règne a duré jusqu'en 1704.
Mise aux enchères  en 1710 par  l' Empereur de Bavière, Aulla a été acquise par Malaspina de Podenzana pour 30.000 florins. Le système féodal a été supprimé par Napoléon après le congrès de Vienne et la ville a été assignée aux ducs d'Este de Modène, avec qui elle est demeurée jusqu'au "Risorgimento", lorsqu'elle est devenue une partie de la province de Massa-Carrare (1859). 

Pendant la dernière guerre elle a était rasée par les bombardements alliés.

bagnone_castello.jpg (21397 octets)

Chateau Noceti

BAGNONE

La première note documentée de Bagnone (Gutula) est datée du 19 mai 963 par l’Empereur d' Alemagne Ottone I, qui renouvelle la protection a l' Évêque-comte de Luni et de son château donnant sur le village antique de Gutula. 

C'était une  antique possession des Malaspina, héritée par la branche du Spino Fiorito (1220), demeurée  en leur possession  jusqu'en 1339, moment où, moins important, le territoire a été divisé en trois Marquisats distincts: Bagnone, Treschietto et Castiglione . Indépendamment de la deuxième moitié du 14ème siècle Bagnone, pour différents et complexes événements, elle est , en  partie,  sous protectorat de la république Fiorentina.        

Le peuple se révolte contre le Marquis Cristiano (1471) en l'obligeant à céder définitivement la commune à Firenze pour la somme de 6.000 fleurins, cela en dépit des tentatives d'opposition du duc de Milano. Bagnone est demeurée dans le  grand duché de Toscane jusqu'en 1796 où elle a été intégrée à la république de Liguria, dans laquelle elle y fut incluse dans la zone des Appennins. A ses origines comme château elle est devenue siège de Vicariat sous Firenze au 15ème siècle; la ville a atteint sa taille d'aujourd'hui en 1894 quand la zone d'Orturano y a été rattachée, et qui précédemment faisait partie de la municipalité de  Villafranca.

Après la restauration, elle a été annexée au duché de Parme au sein du quel elle a demeurée  jusqu'à l'unité de l' Italie.

filattiera_borgo.jpg (17534 octets)

Le bourg

FILATTIERA

Elle se situe dans une zone montagneuse et rocheuse sur la rive gauche du Magra, dans le haut de la Lunigiana. Filattiera a atteint ses dimensions actuelles en 1865 où les zones de Roccasigillina, de Cavallana, de Lusignana et de Gigliana ont été détachées de la municipalité de Bagnone et lui ont été rattachées.

Son nom, dérivé du mot Fulacterion, qui prend sa  signification d'un dicton Byzantin : "les poteaux enrichis de blocus dans les points stratégiques de grande importance", a clairement indiqué ses origines dans le temps ainsi que son caractère structural. En 1077, avec le privilège de l'empereur Arrigo IV, Filattiera, ainsi que trois autres terres, a été concédée aux d'Este d'Ugo et des Folco. Les Estensi à leur tour l'ont cédée quelques années après aux Malaspina et en 1221, elle est  devenue le  centre principal du gouvernement de la branche du Spino Fiorito.

Mais avec les générations successives et les divisions héréditaires, le territoire est devenu excessivement réduit, politiquement faible où il a manqué une base économique suffisante. Enfin en 1549, le Marquis Bernabò Malaspina l'a vendue au grand duc Cosimo I°; alors  Filattiera est devenue une partie des possessions des Fiorentini de la Capitainerie de
Fivizzano et a suivi son destin.

fivizzano_castello.jpg (18442 octets)

Château Verrucola

       FIVIZZANO

C'est une belle  citadelle de montagne. Habitée par des Ligures et puis par des colonies romaines, Fivizzano était après l'an 1000, une terre soumise a la dominination du Marquis della Verrucola  et des Marquis Malaspina, dont le membre le plus illustre était Spinetta le grand (mort en 1352), qui a essayé de faire de la Verrucola le centre d'un vaste système territorial. Avec la mort de la dynastie, Fivizzano en 1477 devient une
municipalité faisant partie de l'état de Florence.

Fivizzano est demeurée un temps avec une grande prospérité principalement aux 16èmes et 17èmes siècles. Plus tard sous la domination française, qui a annexée la ville au département des Appennins et  en 1808  on l'a assignée à Elisa Baciocchi Bonaparte. En 1815 elle est revenue au grand   duché  de Toscane, mais en 1844 contre la volonté des habitants elle  est passé au duc de Modène, qui l'a régie jusqu'à l'unité de l'Italie.
      Un tremblement de terre désastreux a frappé la municipalité en 1920.

mulazzo_paese.jpg (19050 octets)

Le petit état

dante_mulazzo.jpg (33723 octets)

À Dante

MULAZZO

La petite ville est située dans une zone montagneuse, et plus précisément  sur une dent du Monte Cornoviglio, c'était un centre de pouvoir.
Au 12ème siècle où elle était possédée par la branche mineure des Malaspina dello Spino Secco, Mulazzo est devenue  la capitale en 1221 dans le secteur comportant le territoire à la gauche du Magra. Franceschino Malaspina et sa vivace  petite cour a  certainement  servie  Dante Alighieri, qui au nom du Marquis était en pourparlers positifs  pour la paix avec l'évêque de Luni. Son séjour dans ce paysage impressionnant du petit centre doit avoir incité une fascination profonde chez le poète Florentin, duquel nous pouvons identifier l'écho dans quelques vers importants de La Divine Comédie.

En 1406 le Marquis Azzone a agrandies les frontières territoriales acquérant plusieurs secteurs de Campogregoso di Sarzana; à sa mort cependant la transmission  a été divisée  parmis ses fils et les évènements dynastiques des générations successives ont contribuées à réduire bien plus la surface  dominée, qui depuis le 16ème siècle à ce jour avait gravité décisément dans l'orbite politique de Firenze. Le dernier Marquis était Azzo Giacinto III un noble radical qui a reçu l'armée de Napoléon en hissant le drapeau aux trois couleurs françaises sur la tour du château.

Le destin du petit état a été cependant marqué, par son entrée dans la république Cisalpine et puis dans le règne d'Italie en 1815, il a été ensuite assigné aux d'Este de Maria Béatrice, qui à son tour l'a cédée aux fils des Duc de Modène, sous lesquels il  est demeuré jusqu'en 1859.

pontremoli_dalverde.jpg (23533 octets)

Château Piagnaro

PONTREMOLI

C'est la ville médiévale typique de la haute Lunigiana et lorsque on la visite on a toujours une nette sensation médiévale à son sujet. Construite entre deux fleuves, il y a plusieurs ponts et est dominée par le château du Piagnaro. Il y a plusieurs églises, de magnifiques vieux bâtiments et au travers de ses ruelles étroites et caractéristiques vous pourrez découvrir de beaux édifices contenant de splendides peintures baroques. Son théâtre est un des plus vieux en Italie.
Le château est également  le siège du musée des Stele ou statues en pierres. Ces pierres sculptées remontent aux périodes préhistoriques.

Placée sous la juridiction du Marquisat de Toscane, Pontremoli a été enregistrée pour la première fois dans un document en 990. Aux 12èmes et 13èmes siècles elle a eu son propre gouvernement communal, mais à la fin du 12ème siècle, affaiblie intérieurement par les combats entre les Guelfi et les Ghibellini, ainsi que par les tentatives de conquêtes  des états voisins à cause de sa position dans le seul axe avec un accès facile à  la Lunigiana, elle a été soumise à la domination de nombreux seigneurs italiens et étrangers.
Conquise par les Malaspina en 1319 et l'Antelminelli en 1322, en 1331elle a été vendue par Giovanni de Bohême au seigneur de Scala de Mastino de Vérone, par la suite a  été conquise en 1339 par les Visconti di Milano.

Au cours des siècles suivants la ville est passée des Visconti di Milano, aux Fieschi di Genova (1404) et puis à nouveau aux Fieschi di Genova (1433). De 1450 à 1508 elle a été prise en charge par la famille des Sforza, qui sont devenus les ducs de Milano, après leur défaite elle est passée aux  mains des français jusqu'en 1522.
      En  1526 Carlo V a régi la ville , d'abord par l'intermédiaire du Meschi puis directement par l'Espagne jusqu'en 1647 où elle a été vendue à la république de Gênes. Le contrat de vente a été rompu par Filippo IV trois ans après, c'est à ce moment-là qu'elle est devenue partie intégrante du  grand duché de Toscane et elle y est restée, excepté pendant la période de domination française, cela jusqu'à l'unité de l' Italie. 

villafranca_campanile.jpg (14536 octets)

Le clocher

castello_malnido.jpg (86643 octets)

Château du Malnido

VILLAFRANCA IN  LUNIGIANA

Le territoire de la Villafranca dans la Lunigiana a été habitée depuis l'ère préhistorique, comme il en est certifié par les Stele, statues sculptées en pierre, trouvées près de Malgrate dans les forêts de Filetto et à Fornoli, mais dont la première référence historique est située autour de l'an 1000 A.C., quand elle a été gouvernée par les Malaspina.

En 1221, au partage des possessions parmi les diverses branches de la famille, la ville de Villafranca a été attribuée à Corrado I, appelé "l'antique", de la branche du Spino Secco de Mulazzo, dont le fils Federico a fondé la branche de la ville de Villafranca.
Parmi les fils de Federico I il y avait le Corrado Malaspina cité par Dante Alighieri dans le Purgatoire de la Divine Comédie. Un autre membre de cette branche des Malaspina, Spinetta était Podesta de Pise en 1393. Par sa position stratégique la ville de Villafranca a été l'objet des attaques par les soldats de Sforza en 1487, de Giovanni delle Bande Nere en 1524 et des Espagnols en 1525.

À l'extinction de cette branche des Malaspina dans la deuxième moitié du 16ème siècle, la Lunigiana est  passée avec toutes ses terres sous le duché de Modène de l'Estensi qui, sauf pendant la période de la domination française, soit demeurée propriété des  seigneurs jusqu'à l'unité de l'Italie. Pendant la deuxième guerre mondiale, la ville de Villafranca a souffert des bombardements alliés extrêmement lourds.
A Villafranca on trouve un important et très interessant musée ethnographique, concernant la vie locale dans les temps anciens.

cinqueterre01.jpg (53565 octets)

Un des cinq villages

Les CINQUE TERRE

A la suite du Golfe des Poètes, au nord de Portovenere, se trouvent les Cinque Terre, avec ses côtes sauvages et abruptes. Les Cinque Terre : ce sont cinq villages, qui ressemblent à  cinq  splendides et précieux bijoux:

Monterosso al Mare
Vernazza
Corniglia
Manarola
Riomaggiore

avec leurs maisons colorées, leurs escaliers qui descendent à la mer, leurs chemins et sentiers découpés dans les roches comme le chemin la "Via dell'Amore" (la "Rue de l'Amour") entre Manarola et Riomaggiore. 

La côte rocheuse sur laquelle  sont bâtis les villages,  avait malgré tout une couche de maigre terre  qui a permis  pendant des siècles la cultivation  de vignobles et d'oliviers. 

Ce sont les Cinque Terre, où le parfum intense des herbes aromatiques se mélange avec l'air marin frais du  large.

Portovenere

PORTOVENERE

De par sa situation, Portovenere a toujours été un port depuis les périodes romaines. Portovenere (port de Venus) est situé à l'extremité du cap vis-à-vis de Lerici dans le Golfe des Poètes. En suivant la côte vers le nord vous atteignez les Cinque Terre.

Ce petit village de pêche est aujourd'hui la destination des touristes et des amoureux de la mer et il est célèbre pour ses restaurants où les poissons, les mollusques et crustacés frais et savoureux sont toujours disponibles.

Caractéristiques sont les maisons sur le port: hautes, étroites et aux couleurs vives. La vieille église de San Pietro (1277) est bâtie sur la roche à l'extrémité du cap et domine la Grotte de Lord George Gordon Byron, l'un des plus illustres poètes de l'histoire littéraire britannique.

   
 

                     COUNTRY OF LUNIGIANA (Massa-Carrara)

Aulla 

Bagnone 

Casola 

Comano 

Filattiera 

Fivizzano

Fosdinovo

Licciana Nardi

Mulazzo

Podenzana

Pontremoli

Tresana

Villafranca in Lunigiana

Zeri

 LUNIGIANA  Versione inglese 

EN HAUT

Is an historical territory of Italy, which today falls within the provinces of La Spezia and Massa Carrara. Its borders derive from the ancient Roman settlement, later the Medieval diocese of Luni, which no longer exists.

Lunigiana covers an area from the Apennines to the Magra river, belonging in part to Tuscany and in part to Liguria. It takes its name from Luni, a Roman town, perhaps pre-dated by an Etruscan settlement, which became the principal urban center on the northern Tuscan coast. Some contend that the name Luni refers to the moon, a celestial body whose beauty is made all the more attractive when framed by the white-peaked Apuan Alps and high Apennine mountains. Others maintain, though little or no evidence exists, that the region was populated by those who worshiped the moon. As if to unite history and myth, the symbol of contemporary Lunigiana is a crescent moon held in the claw of a bear.

The earliest inhabitants of this region may have been the Apuani (from which is derived the name of the Apuan mountain chain), an ancient Ligurian people, as well as Etruscans who may have inhabited towns along the coast and even the hamlets near in-land trade routes. Curiously, while evidence of both Roman and later Medieval settlements are ample, the wondrously appealing stele, late pre-historic and Bronze Age stone statues which have been found in large numbers in this part of Tuscany, remain the symbol of this ancient land. They are the first expression of the art and, perhaps, of the religious beliefs of the peoples that inhabited northern Tuscany from the Bronze Age to start of the Roman Empire.

The history of Lunigiana is one of passion; of intense creativity but also ferocious battles. The nearby Gulf of Poets saw the    Romantic poets Shelley and Byron set the artistic world on fire and follow in the Renaissance footsteps of Dante and Michelangelo.

 

CASTLES  IN  LUNIGIANA

During the Middle Ages, there were 160 castles in Lunigiana, only thirty of which have reached our times in a good state of preservation while others such as the castle of Agnino di Fivizzano have fallen into ruin. It was in these castles that Dante found respite during his stay in Lunigiana. The historical origins of these castles date back to times when the Longobards dominated most of the Pianura Padana and, seeking an outlet on the Ligurian/Tuscan coast, they found in the Passo della Cisa and the Passo del Cerreto, near the important town of Fivizzano, the easiest ways to cross the Apennines.

During ancient times, when the settlement of Luni, originally founded by the Romans in 177 B.C., (today a site of significant Roman ruins and a modern museum) was a flourishing city and harbour, the Romans had already built solid defensive posts along the Via Aurelia, a major road which linked up central Italy to Lunigiana and from Lunigiana to both the coastal road through Liguria and to Gaul (modern France) and across the Apennines into modern Reggio Emilia. Upon significant sections of this Roman road, the Longobards would later build the Via Francigena, for the control of which there were bloody and ferocious struggles among the local nobility, concerned with the maintenance their dominion and Fiefdoms, as well as between the states of Pisa and Lucca and, later still, between Florence, Milan and Genoa.

The most important castles in Lunigiana, including La Verrucola, the famous castle of Fivizzano, and the castle of the Piagnaro in Pontremoli, the Rocca of Villafranca, the Malaspina castle in the city of Massa and the fortified village of Filetto, had been built as a result of these monumental struggles for control of Lunigiana. Moreover, when the Malaspina (one of the leading Lunigianese dynasties during the Middle Ages) played an import part in both the local politics of Lunigiana and the politics of northern Italy, they built a great number of castles, which were used as residences and fortifications by which several branches of the dynasty defended the territory.

Some scholars contend that with the growth of flourishing branches of the Malaspina dynasty, the inheritance of Lunigianese feudal territories by the ever contesting large and small branches of the family eventually brought about a diminution of individual holdings causing, in the end, the parceling of fiefdoms into increasingly smaller estates, all of which needed to be protected through the building of castles and other stone fortifications. Thus, through the centuries, many large and small (now picturesque) castles were built in Lunigiana, but at the cost of weakening the overall power of the family at each generation.

As a region which controls the passage from Tuscany to the northern territories of Lombardy and Parma, as well as from Tuscany to the eastern lands of Liguria and across the Apennines into Reggio Emilia, Lunigiana was fought over for centuries in countless wars which pitted the native feudal dynasties against one another. Then, in order to gain control of this strategic region, Luccans fought Pisans, Pisa struggled with Genoese, Milanese struck out against the Modense and Florentines made war on them all. While the Genoese were able to gain control of La Spezia, Sarzana and the littoral coast all the way from the Cinque Terre to ancient Luni itself, the Milanese took more northern parts of Lunigiana.

Meanwhile, some northe astern Lunigianese towns came under the control of either Parma or Modena. Nevertheless, the most strategic parts of ancient Lunigiana began to come under the control of the Florentine state in the early 15th century. By the second half of that century, Tuscan possession of most of Lunigiana was secured with the incorporation of Fivizzano and its vast territory into the Tuscan state. With Italian unification in the mid-nineteenth century, most of Lunigiana, though divided for centuries among the contesting duchies and city-states of northern Italy, came into the new Kingdom of Italy as part of Tuscany proper.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

 

AULLA

Aulla extends along a flat zone, following the Magra river, in the point in which it meets the Aulella torrent, while the northern part is delimited from the course of the Taverone torrent. Aulla lies in a strategic position between the steps of the Cisa, the step of the Cerreto, the step of the Lagastrello. Because of the strafings of the second world war, the ancient village has gone almost completely destroyed, but on the surrounding evocative medieval villages like Caprigliola, Albiano, Bibola, Olivola and Pallerone have remained intact.

The village of Aulla was founded towards 884, when the Abbey of Saint Caprasio was built. Towards the end of XIII the century the territory passes under the jurisdiction of the Bishop of Luni, for being then disputed from Pisa, Lucca, Genova and the Malaspina family. Aulla is characterised by the Fortress of the Brunella, military construction of the XV century was built in a strategic position from which it could dominate all the city. The Fortress was erected probably under Giovanni delle Bande Nere. Today it hosts the Natural history museum of Lunigiana.

 

BAGNONE

Bagnone is located along the same Bagnone stream, on the left part of the Magra river. The territory has an essentially mountainous morphology, dominated by the Appennine circle. The village stands out on one rock, dipped in a forest of pines and oaks. In the Middle Ages and more recent ages also, Bagnone has had a great importance thanks to the strategic position, along important ways of communication.

In fact, we can find in Bagnone many places of artisitic interest like the castle and its church, the Church of San Rocco and the church of Santa Maria. Nearby the beautiful medieval village of Castiglion of the Terziere with the castle, the castle of Treschietto, the ruins of Iera, and Corlaga and Corvarola. To visit also the parish of Saints Ippolito and Cassiano.

 

FILATTIERA

The territory of the village of Filattiera, in the high Lunigiana, is very wide and it extends between the mountain and the hill, from the course of the Magra river to the Appennine ridge.
Its historical importance is testified from the many archeological discoveries. The village was a Byzantine fortification. Under the dominion of the Malaspina, on the hill of Saint George, a castle rose from where now only remains a tower with a church. 

In the second half of XIV century the Malaspina began the construction of another castle that currently is found in the medieval square of the village. Beatiful is the Romanic church of of Sorano, recently restructered, along the Via Francigena and situated under the old site of “Castelvecchio”. In the nearby, the medieval village of Ponticello and Caprio.

 

FIVIZZANO

Fivizzano is the widest village of Lunigiana. It extends from the Appenines to the Apuan Alps. The numerous valleys, of the torrents Rosaro, Mommio and Lucido meet all the course of the Aulella. In the zone it is possible to admire great landscapes, from hills to mountains with a mild climate.

Considered the Florence of Lunigiana, Fivizzano has always been an important center. Castles, churches and noble palaces show it. Fivizzano gave itself to the Medici family in the XV century and remained in their possession until the come of the Lorena. The walls of Fivizzano were erected for order of Cosimo de' Medici in 1540, while the baroque font of the main square was constructed from Cosimo III in 1683. Beyond the walls, the village of the Verrucola where the castle of the Verrucola lies, erected from Spinetta Malaspina the Great. Fivizzano gave birth to Jacopo from Fivizzano, one of the first printer.

Every summer in July, the “Disfida degli arceri di terra e di corte” fill with people the medieval village. Nearby, we can visit the Romanesque churc of Saint Paul of Vendaso, the village of Soliera with the sanctuary of the Madonna of the Necks, the villages of Gragnola with the castle and Vinca. Moreover, the Botanical Garden of the Frignoli and the village of Sassalbo.

 

MULAZZO

Mulazzo lies in the high Lunigiana, on the right part of the river Magra. It extends from the low valley until the Appennines that separate the Vara river valley from the Magra river one and culminates in the Cornoviglio Mount. The territory is characterized by hills and low mountains. The territory of Mulazzo is rich of cultivations, in particular the land turns out favorable to the vineyards that produce wines of optimal quality annually. The passion for wine reflects in the BancarelVino fair, in which a prize is delivered to the best wine manufacturer and it is possible to taste wines of the zone.

From the XII century, Mulazzo was possession of the so called “dello Spino Secco” Malaspina branch and in 1221 it became the capital of all the lands on the right part of the river and Villafranca in Lunigiana on the left side as well.

The village has two doors of access and conserves its original structure. We can find in it the tower of Dante, what remains of the castle today,the old arch of the aqueduct and the main square.

In the nearby it possible to visit the medieval village of Castevoli, Lusuolo, Groppoli and Montereggio, with their castles and superb views on the Magra valley.

 

PONTREMOLI

Pontemoli is located in the northern part of Lunigiana and Tuscany. To the north it is delimited from the Appennines with the important passes of the Brattello, the Cisa and the Cirone. The natural atmosphere is particularly favorable for the vicinity of the source of the Magra river and the mountains. The greater part of the population is situated in the plain between the Magra and the Verde stream, dominated by the Castle of Piagnaro.

Door to Tuscany along the Francigena way, the village owns its name to the wood of the poplar with which perhaps it had been constructed. Pontremoli is today a precious coffer of artistic and monumental memories. Beyond the castle, home of the museum of the statue stele, we can find the Church of San Nicolò, the church of San Geminiano, patron of Pontremoli. In the center of the town, the two squares and the tower of Cacciaguerra remind to Guelfs and Ghibellines disputes. 

The rich palaces testify the mercantile fortunes of the pontremolesi. And still, the church of San Francesco, the Theatre of the Rose, the fortress of Castelnuovo, the church of “Nostra Donna”, the village of the Santissima Annunziata with the complex of the convent of the Agostiniani.

Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre

Les CINQUE TERRE

The Cinque Terre are five coastal villages in the province of La Spezia in the Liguria region. They have come to be among the most popular areas of Italy among tourists. The coastline, the five villages, and the surrounding hillsides are all encapsulated in a national park by the same name. The Cinque Terre is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

The five villages are, from west to east (i.e., from Genoa towards La Spezia):

Monterosso al Mare
Vernazza
Corniglia
Manarola
Riomaggiore
Portovenere_Castello_Doria.jpg (114869 octets)
The Doria Castle

PORTOVENERE

Portovenere (sometimes, in English, Porto Venere) is a town and comune (municipality) located on the Ligurian coast of Italy in the province of La Spezia. It comprises the three villages of Fezzano, Le Grazie and Portovenere, and the three islands of Palmaria, Tino and Tinetto. In 1997 Portovenere and the villages of Cinque Terre were designated by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.

   
 
                       Lands of Lunigiana (Massa Carrara)

Aulla 

Bagnone 

Casola 

Comano 

Filattiera 

Fivizzano

Fosdinovo

Licciana Nardi

Mulazzo

Podenzana

Pontremoli

Tresana

Villafranca in Lunigiana

Zeri

 LUNIGIANA   Versione tedesca 

EN HAUT

Lunigiana erhält ihren Namen von der Stadt Luni, die im 177 vor Christus entlang des Flusses Magra von den Römer gegründet wurde. Heute fühlt Lunigiana sich in das Tal dieses Flusses ein, aber ihre Geschichtsgrenzen sind viel größer.
Lunigiana liegt zwischen Toskana und Ligurien und ist eine kleine Region, reich an Geschichte, Lichte, Farbe und grünen Szenerien mit dem apuanischen Bergrahmen.

Die Spuren der italienischen und europäischen Geschichte sind überall bis zu dem heutigen Tag aufbewahrt worden: von der Vorgeschichte bis dem Mittelalter und modernen Zeitalter. Das Gebiet bietet Schlösser, Landdörfer, romanische Landkirchen, ein milde Klima, grünen Hügel und klare Sturzbache den heutigen Touristen. Der Reiz von Lunigiana beruht auf die Beibehaltung der Harmonie, der Landschaft und Zeugnisse ihrer Vergangenheit.

 

AULLA

Aulla entlang erstreckt sich eine flache Zone, nach dem Fluss Magra, in dem Punkt, in dem er den Aulella torrent, während der nördliche Teil ist getrennt von den Verlauf des Taverone torrent. Aulla lies in a strategic position between the steps of the Cisa, the step of the Cerreto, the step of the Lagastrello. Aulla liegt in einer strategischen Position zwischen den einzelnen Stufen der Cisa, Cerreto der Schritt, den Schritt von der Lagastrello. Because of the strafings of the second world war, the ancient village has gone almost completely destroyed, but on the surrounding evocative medieval villages like Caprigliola, Albiano, Bibola, Olivola and Pallerone have remained intact. Aufgrund der strafings des zweiten Weltkrieges, wurde das antike Dorf fast komplett zerstört, aber auf die umliegenden mittelalterlichen Dörfer wie eindrucksvollen Caprigliola, Albiano, Bibola, Olivola und Pallerone intakt geblieben.

The village of Aulla was founded towards 884, when the Abbey of Saint Caprasio was built. Das Dorf wurde von Aulla in Richtung 884, als die Abtei von Saint Caprasio gebaut wurde. Towards the end of XIII the century the territory passes under the jurisdiction of the Bishop of Luni, for being then disputed from Pisa, Lucca, Genova and the Malaspina family. Gegen Ende des XIII Jahrhunderts das Gebiet der Pässe unter die Zuständigkeit der Bischof von Luni, für die dann bestritten von Pisa, Lucca, Genova und der Malaspina-Familie. 

Aulla is characterised by the Fortress of the Brunella, military construction of the XV century was built in a strategic position from which it could dominate all the city. Aulla ist gekennzeichnet durch die Festung der Brunella, militärischen Bau des XV Jahrhunderts erbaut wurde in einer strategischen Position, von der aus es dominieren die Stadt. The Fortress was erected probably under Giovanni delle Bande Nere. Die Festung wurde vermutlich unter Giovanni delle Bande Nere. Today it hosts the Natural history museum of Lunigiana. Heute beherbergt es das Museum für Naturgeschichte Lunigiana.

 

BAGNONE

Pittoresk sind die Laubengänge des alten Markts. Früher waren hier Wirte, Schneider, Gewürzhändler, Schuhmacher, die Bagnone im gesamten Umkreis der Provinz Massa e Carrara berühmt machten. Die über Bagnone thronende Burg wurde in der zweiten Hälfte des 13. Jhdt.s von den Malaspina erbaut und ging später in den Besitz der Grafen Noceti über. In der Burgkapelle ruht der Chronist aus dem 15. Jhdt., Antonio da Faye. In der Gemeinde Bagnone sehenswert sind noch Treschietto, mit den mächtigen Ruinen der hart an einem Abgrund gelegenen Burg, und die nicht weniger berühmte Burg von Castiglione del Terziere, ehemaliger Sitz der florentinischen Hauptmannschaft, die von Joris Jacopo Bononi komplett restauriert wurde.

Das Castello del Terziere - in der Gemeinde von Bagnone
Im Inneren des Bauwerks läßt sich gut der älteste Kern des Schlosses erkennen, der auf die übliche Art einer Burgmauer um einen Bergfried herum angelegt wurde und mindestens einen Seitenturm besaß. Die Spuren der verbliebenen Mauern und die typischen Konstruktionsmerkmale, besonders des zylindrischen Pfeilers im Inneren des zentralen viereckigen Turms lassen auf eine Entstehung vor dem 11. Jahrhundert schließen. Im Jahr 1351 erhielt Graf Franceschino Malaspina, auch "Soldat" genannt, die Lehensherrschaft über Castiglione del Terziere und ließ die Wiederherstellung des Ostflügels ausführen, die Mauern erneuern und einen kreisförmigen, noch heute sichtbaren Wachturm errichten. 1451 kam das Lehen unter florentinische Herrschaft und Castiglione wurde zum Sitz der florentinischen Gerichtshauptmannschaft.

Seitdem und zum großen Teil auch noch während des 16. Jhdt.s ließen sowohl die "Signoria" als auch später das Großherzogtum auf der alten Festung laufend Baumaßnahmen zu deren Angleichung an die sich ändernden Bedürfnisse ausführen. Die Burg wurde zum Verwaltungssitz der florentinischen Gebiete inmitten der Malspinaherrschaft. Loris Jacopo Bononi verlieh schließlich der Burg ihren alten Glanz aus der Zeit der Renaissance wieder. 

Die unter seiner Leitung stehenden Restaurierungsarbeiten haben viele raffinierte stilistische Details des Palasts wieder ans Tageslicht gebracht (vielfältige Marmorarbeiten, Fresken und Wandmalereien), von welchem aus beinahe 300 Jahre lang Florenz seine Gerichtsbarkeit in der Lunigiana ausübte. Das Schloß ist heute Sitz des "Zentrums Humanistischer Studien Niccolo der Fünfte", das von Bononi gegründet wurde und mit einer außergewöhnlichen Spezialbibliothek zu florentinischer und lunigianesischer Geschichte sowie zu italienischer Literatur ausgestattet ist.

http://www.vacanzeinversilia.com/ger/lunigiana/bagnone.php

 

 

MULAZZO

Das Städtchen ist durch den Besuch Dantes bekannt geworden. Pflicht ist ein Besuch des Heiligtums von "Madonna del Monte" mit dem mächtigen Denkmal der Blutspender. Von der Höhe aus kann man die ganze Lunigiana bis zum Meer überblicken. Von "Madonna del Monte" gelangt man nach Montereggio. Berühmt ist hier die Wehrkirche von "Sant`Apollinare"; hier wurde auch Fogola geboren, ein Bischof, der in China den Märtyrertod fand. In Mulazzo selbst kann man die Reste des Malaspina-Schlosses, das ehemalige Aquädukt, einen byzantinischen Turm und verschiedene kleinere Palazzi besichtigen.

Das dem Seefahrer Alessandro gewidmete Studienzentrum und auf dem Dorfplatz die Kirche S. Martino sind ebenfalls sehenswert. Bevor wir nach Mulazzo gelangen, kommen wir durch Groppoli. Hier befindet sich ein durch die Genueser Familie der Brignole nach Plänen von Matteo Vinzoni errichtetes pittoreskes Ensemble von Burg, Villa und Kirche. Besuchenswert sind auch schließlich die Gemeindeteile Lusuolo mit seinem Schloß und Campoli mit seiner imposanten prähistorischen Stele.

 

PONTREMOLI

Sie sind Sportfan? Kein Problem, in Pontremoli stehen Ihnen diverse Aktivitätsmöglichkeiten zu Verfügung. Sie interessieren sich mehr für Kunst und Kultur. Auch hier bietet Ihnen Ihr Urlaubsort Pontremoli so manch Sehenswertes. Ihre Vorliebe ist eher die Abendunterhaltung. Na dann ab nach Pontremoli, denn hier können Sie die Nacht zum Tage machen. 

Egal ob Sie allein, zu zweit oder mit Kind und Kegel unterwegs sind, in Pontremoli kommt garantiert jeder Urlauber auf seine Kosten. Diverse Sport- und Unterhaltungsangebote sowie ein reges Nachtleben bieten in Pontremoli Highlights für Groß und Klein. Wieso verbringen Sie dieses Jahr Ihre freien Tage nicht in Pontremoli? Als beliebtes Urlaubsziel lockt Pontremoli jährlich viele Touristen zu einer entspannten Reise.

CASTELLO DEL PIAGNARO

Öffnungszeiten: Winter; 9-12.00 u. 14-17.00 Uhr Sommer; 9-12.00 u. 16-19.00 Uhr Montags geschlossen Führung nur in italienischer Sprache
      Befindet sich im mittelalterlichen Schloss. Das Museum birgt verschiedene archäologische Funde unter diesen, eine interessante Gruppe von Statuen - Stele "Lunigianesi"; typische Grabskulptu ren aus den Epochen; ab der Bronzezeit bis zum V Jh. v.Chr.

SS.ANNUNZIATA

Sehenswertes Gebäude aus dem XV-XVI Jh.; im Innern befinden sich verschiedene Kunstwerke, u.a. Bildtafeln von "Luca Cambiaso und Giacomo Serfolio, aus Genua sowie Skulpturen die "Iacopo Sa nsovino" zugeschrieben sind (1527).

 

FIVIZZANO

Is the widest village of Lunigiana. Fivizzano ist das größte Dorf der Lunigiana. It extends from the Appenines to the Apuan Alps. Es erstreckt sich von den Apenninen zu den Apuanischen Alpen. The numerous valleys, of the torrents Rosaro, Mommio and Lucido meet all the course of the Aulella. Die zahlreichen Täler, der Wildbäche Rosaro, Mommio und Lucido treffen sich alle den Verlauf des Aulella. In the zone it is possible to admire great landscapes, from hills to mountains with a mild climate. In dieser Zone ist es möglich, große Landschaften bewundern, von Hügeln zu Berge mit einem milden Klima.

Considered the Florence of Lunigiana, Fivizzano has always been an important center. Gilt als das Florenz von Lunigiana, Fivizzano ist seit jeher ein wichtiges Zentrum. Castles, churches and noble palaces show it. Burgen und Schlösser, Kirchen und Paläste zeigen. Fivizzano gave itself to the Medici family in the XV century and remained in their possession until the come of the Lorena. Fivizzano hat sich auf die Medici-Familie in der XV Jahrhundert und blieb in deren Besitz, bis die kommen, der Lorena. The walls of Fivizzano were erected for order of Cosimo de' Medici in 1540, while the baroque font of the main square was constructed from Cosimo III in 1683.  

Die Mauern von Fivizzano wurden errichtet, um für die von Cosimo de 'Medici im Jahr 1540, während die Schriftart des barocken Hauptplatz wurde von Cosimo III im Jahr 1683. Beyond the walls, the village of the Verrucola where the castle of the Verrucola lies, erected from Spinetta Malaspina the Great. Jenseits der Mauern, die das Dorf Verrucola, wo die Burg der Verrucola liegt, errichtet von Spinetta Malaspina dem Großen. Fivizzano gave birth to Jacopo from Fivizzano, one of the first printer. Fivizzano gebar Jacopo von Fivizzano, eine der ersten Drucker.

Every summer in July, the “Disfida degli arceri di terra e di corte” fill with people the medieval village. Jeden Sommer im Juli, die "Disfida degli arceri di terra e di corte" füllen sich mit Leuten der mittelalterlichen Dorfes. Nearby, we can visit the Romanesque churc of Saint Paul of Vendaso, the village of Soliera with the sanctuary of the Madonna of the Necks, the villages of Gragnola with the castle and Vinca.  

Ganz in der Nähe, kann man die romanische Kirche von Saint-Paul von Vendaso, das Dorf Soliera mit dem Heiligtum der Madonna des Necks, die Dörfer Gragnola mit der Burg und Vinca. Moreover, the Botanical Garden of the Frignoli and the village of Sassalbo. Außerdem, der Botanische Garten der Frignoli und das Dorf Sassalbo.

 

VILLAFRANCA IN LUNIGIANA

Erstreckt sich von der geringen Tal der Magra-Flusses zu dem Zusammenfluss von Bagnone torrent. Its origins date back to the XI century, along the road of the Bardone mount, on the medieval tracing of the Romea way, from San Nicolò chapel to the ruins of the castle of Malnido of Corrado the Ancient. Seine Ursprünge reichen zurück bis in das XI Jahrhundert, entlang der Straße der Bardone mounten, auf der mittelalterlichen Spurensuche in der Romea Art und Weise, von der Kapelle San Nicolò zu den Ruinen des Schlosses von Malnido von Corrado dem Alten.  

Near the train station, we can admire the Church of San Francesco of the XVI century, characterized by the ancient convent, today used as a school. In der Nähe des Bahnhofs kann man die Kirche von San Francesco des XVI Jahrhunderts, die sich durch das alte Kloster, dient heute als Schule. Inside the XV century flour mills, it is located the Ethnografic museum of Lunigiana, that illustrates, through collections of objects of different kind, customs, uses, activities and rituals of the popular culture of Lunigiana.  

Im inneren des XV Jahrhunderts Mühlen, es befindet sich das Museum von Lunigiana Ethnografic, zeigt, dass durch die Kollektionen von Objekten unterschiedlicher Art, Zoll, verwendet, die Aktivitäten und die Rituale der populären Kultur der Lunigiana.

Near Villafranca, in Filetto, tens of “statue stele” were founded in its forest, that must have been a pagan sacred place. Villafranca in der Nähe, in Filetto, Dutzende von "Statue Stele" gegründet wurden, in ihrem Wald, das muss ein heidnischen heiligen Ort. Someone identifies it with the “Selva” of Dante. Jemand erkennt es mit dem "Selva" von Dante. Every 25 August, Filetto celebrates the fair of San Genesio. Jeder, 25. August Filetto feiert die Messe von San Genesio.

And every August as well, in the walled village, there is the medievale market. Und jedes Jahr im August auch in der ummauerte Dorf, gibt es die Mittelalterliches Markt. In Malgrate, it is possible to pay a visit to the castle, in optimal conditions. In Malgrate, ist es möglich, ein Besuch des Schlosses, unter optimalen Bedingungen. Virgoletta is one of the beautiful , dominated from the Malaspina castle. Virgoletta ist eines der schönsten Dörfer der Lunigiana, dominiert von der Burg Malaspina.

Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre

Les CINQUE TERRE

Als Cinque Terre bezeichnet man einen etwa 12 Kilometer langen klimabegünstigten Küstenstreifen der Italienischen Riviera (Region Ligurien) nordwestlich von La Spezia, der (von Nord nach Süd) aus den fünf Dörfern:  

Monterosso al Mare
Vernazza
Corniglia
Manarola
Riomaggiore
 und deren Hinterland (mit insgesamt etwa 7.000 Einwohnern) besteht. 

Die Region ist als Nationalpark geschützt, in dem nichts gebaut und verändert werden darf, und wurde 1997 zusammen mit Cinque Terre zum UNESCO-Weltkulturerbe erklärt.

Portovenere_lungomare.jpg (104803 octets)
Am Hafen

PORTOVENERE

Ist eine Gemeinde in der Provinz La Spezia und gehört damit zur Region Ligurien. Sie hat ca. 4.000 Einwohner und eine Fläche von ca. 7 km². Portovenere ist ca. 12 km von La Spezia entfernt.

Im Jahre 50 v. Chr. wurde Portovenere als Veneris Portus von Stabo gegründet. Vom 12. Jahrhundert bis zum 17. Jahrhundert wurde unter der Herrschaft von Genua eine Festung gebaut.

1997 wurde Portovenere zusammen mit dem nahegelegenen Cinque Terre  zum UNESCO-Weltkulturerbe erklärt.

   

É-mail

Publié le 13 Marzo 2008

EN HAUT